Messi unsure if he will play at World Cup 2022

The Barcelona captain might not make it to Qatar

Lionel Messi says he is unsure if he will play at the next World Cup dspite admitting he wants to finish his career by winning a trophy with Argentina.

The Barcelona captain has never lifted a major trophy at international level, although he will have another chance this summer at the Copa America, and seems desperate to bring success to Argentina.

The 2022 World Cup is due to be held in Qatar, although Messi says he is unsure if he will play in the tournament.

”I do not know if I will reach the World Cup in Qatar. God will decide whether it is given to me or not.

”Today I feel great, very well physically, but I’m [almost] 32 years old and I don’t know how it’s going to go.

”A lot of things can happen, I hope I don’t have any serious injuries.

“I want to finish my career having won something with the Argentine national team, or if not having tried as many times as possible.

”I do not want to be left with the feeling that it did not happen and I let opportunities pass by.”

Source | Fox Sports Argentina

The 2022 World Cup is scheduled to start in November by which time Messi will be 35 and may have already decided to retire from the international scene.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.