FC Barcelona News: 14 September 2018

Rakitic: It didn’t take anything special for me to decide to stay | Marca

Ivan Rakitic reckons it was not a difficult decision to decide to stay at Barcelona over the summer despite interest from other clubs. He said: “I never saw myself leaving. There were several topics that we talked about. I took those days to reflect a little bit on everything and sincerely I realised where I was. It did not take anything special, I saw that I am a lucky. I can play at Barcelona, I defend this badge and that’s the biggest thing there is.”

Guardiola: I want to coach a national team, I’m sure of that | Marca

Pep Guardiola says he wants to manage a national team at some point in his career. He said: “If the opportunity comes up then I’d like to coach a national team. I’m sure of that. If they want me, though.”

Salary limits: Barça can spend €66 million more than Real Madrid | AS

La Liga have revealed Spanish clubs’ salary limits for this season. Barcelona are the biggest spenders with €632,971,000, Real Madrid have a limit of €566,530,000 and Atletico Madrid just €293 million.

Ajax star Frenkie De Jong, an absolute priority for Barcelona | Sport

Ajax starlet Frenkie de Jong remains Barcelona’s top target and everyone at the club wants to bring him to the Camp Nou. They will try to sign him next summer, but he could cost the club as much as €75 million.

Spanish FA, FIFA to reject La Liga’s US proposal | Football Espana

Barcelona and Girona’s hopes of playing in Miami are set for a big set back. Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales, FIFA head Gianni Infantino and Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez all met recently to talk about games being played in the US and voiced their disapproval.

Vicente Del Bosque: It’s a surprise so few Barca players are in Spain team | Sport

Former Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque is surprised by the lack of Barcelona players in the current Spain team. “It’s surprising there’s so few Barca players in the national team, but there are cycles. It doesn’t speak badly of La Masia, there are eras, but no club should forget about youth football.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.