Yaya hoping for another chance at Barcelona

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says he would enjoy a return to Barcelona after his stint with Manchester City hits the end. Toure has already spent some time in La Liga, he left Barcelona in 2010 to head to England.

“I would head back to Barcelona,” he said.

“If Barcelona calls me, I will go for sure, they are the best team.

“I miss [Lionel] Messi and [Andres] Iniesta. Barcelona have been the most important team of my life.

“They have given me humility, experience and the knowledge of how to behave on the field.”

Yaya Toure | Source

The move would be great for Toure. Getting to go to one of the best teams in the world, play with Lionel Messi, and be in much better weather. The strange thing is that this move makes no sense for Barcelona unless you figure Toure will be something like a fifth midfielder option ready to play 10 minutes every five games.

Stranger things have happened, and grabbing a 34-year-old midfielder in the twilight of his career wouldn’t be the strangest thing to happen in football.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.