Arthur says Barcelona move is still on track

The club have called the midfielder to reassure him

Barcelona’s move for Arthur has been in the headlines recently with some reports suggesting the La Liga champions were getting cold feet and considering dropping out of the deal.

Fortunately, Sport have managed to get hold of Arthur and have a nice little interview with the midfielder where they asked him all about what’s going on.

Arthur seems pretty relaxed about the whole thing and even says that Barcelona have been on the phone to reassure him that all is well.

“It’s true. Barca trust me and I’m happy about it. They called to reassure me. They have calmed me down by calling my representatives and family,” he said.

“Everything is very well on track. It’s a dream to play for a club like Barcelona. I’m sure everything will be fine and, then, I’ll still be happier than I already am right now.

“As I said, I do not go into the details of the negotiation, nor when this purchase option was finalised nor now that someone said that I would never go to Barça. I am calm here at Gremio, because I know that what will mark the future is what one does on the pitch.

“I do not get involved in these kind of matters because, from the beginning of the negotiations, I left everything in the hands of my representative and my family, so that they would always solve everything together with Gremio. I am well advised. What has to happen, will happen.”

Barcelona announced in March that they had agreed a purchase option with Gremio for Arthur which they can exercise in July 2018 for €30 million plus €9m in variables.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.