Umtiti explains his celebration against Roma

Samuel Umtiti has explained his celebrations during Barcelona’s 4-1 Champions League win over Roma on Wednesday.

The defender played a big role in the second goal which eventually went in off Roma defender Kostas Manolas after Umtiti had hit the post.

Umtiti celebrated by grabbing the Barca badge on his shirt and pointing to it as he celebrated with home fans.

Given the speculation over his future, it’s been interpreted as a signal of his loyalty to the club, but here’s what the man himself had to say about it.

“It’s a celebration like any other, I just wanted to say how much I love this club,” he said.

“I just play, try to do things right. This is the most important thing for me. I try to do it for a club like Barca, and continue to do it.

“As for everything else, these are things that come out in the press. Some are true, others wrong, but I just focus on football.”

Source | beIN SPORTS

It’s good to hear from Umtiti and let’s hope the club can get his future sorted out as soon as possible.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.