Pep says he won’t coach Barcelona again

Pep Guardiola has ruled out ever returning to Barcelona as the coach of the club.

The former Barca boss recently extended his Manchester City contract which now runs until 2021.

He’s been asked if he ever fancies returning to the Camp Nou but does not sound as if he could be tempted back.

“As a coach, it’s over [at Barça], because I am not the same, nor do they even look at me in the same way,” he said.

”[I] was at a fantastic age in which I was taking on the world and we took it on, with some incredible players, a young president (Laporta), Txiki ... it was a generation of brutal players and the best player in the world. The stars aligned.

“President? No, I am a coach and I am good at what I do, you can’t be everything. When I stop coaching, you will find me playing golf.”

Source | TV3

Pep left Barcelona in 2012 after four seasons in charge and took a sabbatical before returning to management with Bayern Munich and then heading to City.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.