Croatia ask Rakitic for advice on how to stop Messi

Croatia coach Zlatko Dalic said he’ll be asking midfielder Ivan Rakitic for advice on how to handle Lionel Messi ahead of Thursday’s clash with Argentina.

Messi’s side could only draw their opening game against Iceland, while Croatia beat Nigeria and top the group ahead of the game.

Dalic said he’ll be talking to Rakitic as well as Luka Modric and Mateo Kovacic in a bid to try and stop the Barcelona star.

“Of course, Rakitic will be my assistant for the next three days and we will certainly look for some advice on how to stop Messi,” he said.

”I always ask my players about such things, about anything and everything, I love communicating and accepting every tip I can get.

”He likes it too, Ivan will tell me, I will use all the information I can, and Luka (Modric) and (Mateo) Kovacic will also help. They play against him (for Real Madrid) as well.”

Source | AFP

Argentina really can’t afford to lose against Croatia and it promises to be an intriguing game between the two sides at the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.