Iniesta explains why he’s leaving Barcelona

Andres Iniesta has just two games left in his Barcelona career and has been talking about the future in an interview with Mundo Deportivo.

The midfielder said he still hadn’t decided on his next destination after he leaves the Camp Nou but rejected reports that he was moving to help the family’s wine business.

“There has been a lot of emphasis placed on that, but listen -- the main reason why I’m leaving is a sporting one,” he said.

”We’ve been selling wine in China, Japan and many other places for many years now. But in the end, if the interest in the winery is there, it benefits both parties.

“I’m looking for a project where I will feel comfortable and I’m able to transmit what I’ve learned for a long time, trying to be surrounded by people who I trust.”

Source | Mundo Deportivo

Iniesta put in a vintage display against Villarreal on Wednesday night and Sunday is his last ever away game at Levante, before the last game of the season at home to Real Sociedad.

Barcelona have confirmed they have plans in place to pay tribute to Iniesta ahead of the game against Sociedad and he will say his goodbyes after the final whistle.

It may not be the last time that Iniesta is seen at the Camp Nou in Barcelona colours as he also said he wants to return at some point in the future.

“I hope one day I can return and transmit everything I’ve learned,” he said.

”I will get the coaching certificate and in the end, like with everything, you start gradually and then you want to continue to go up.”

We’ll probably hear in the next week or so where Iniesta is headed to, but for now we just have to enjoy him for the short time he has left at the club.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.